Let's go to Tibet Tour

About Tibet Aliens Travel Permit

Aliens' Travel Permit, also known as "PSB Permit", is a "must" for those who are planing to travel the "unopened areas" outside Lhasa. This permit is issued by the local Public Security Bureau ( PSB ) of Tibet's different prefectures.

Tibet Aliens Travel Permit

1. Who can apply for Aliens' Travel Permit?

All foreign tourists can apply for Aliens' Travel Permit through a Tibet local travel agency, except diplomats, journalists, and government officials who are only able to apply for it under the arrangement of the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government.

2. How and when to apply for Aliens' Travel Permit?

Fortunately, Aliens' Travel Permit is quite easy to be applied for. After arrival at Lhasa, you offer your passport and Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit to your tour guide and they can deal with it for you. It normally takes you several hours and the fee is 50 yuan per person.

3. Where to apply for Aliens' Travel Permit?

Aliens' Travel Permit is issued by Public Security Bureaus in Tibet. You can apply for it in Lhasa, but they usually only offer it to groups who have arranged a tour with a registered travel agency. In addition, you can apply for it in the PSB in different prefectures of Tibet.

4. Which areas require Aliens' Travel Permit?

So far, only Lhasa and Nagqu are open and no need for travel permit, and the following regions are closed to foreign tourists. If you plan to travel there, you must apply for a Aliens' Travel Permit.

  • 1) Tsetang County: Samye Monastery, Tomb of Tibetan King, Yumbulakhang Palace, etc.
  • 2) Shigatse: Sakya Monastery, Mt. Everest Base Camp, Rongbuk Monastery, etc.
  • 3) Gyangtse: Pelkor Monastery, Kubum Stupa, etc.
  • 4) Nyingchi Region: Basumtso Lake, Pomi, Rawotso Lake, etc.
  • 5) Ngari Region: Mt. Kailash, Mansarovar Lake, etc.
  • 6) Chamdo Region: Chamdo, Riwoche, Tengchan, etc.

Copyright - Letsgototibet.com © 2015